The month of September had other challenges to face, but life goes on.
All summer I had been meaning to go to Farmer's Market, but one thing after another always got in the way. So finally on Sept. 2nd I went to Farmer's Market and bought a few things. I like to have at least 1 pot of fresh green bean soup in the summer or fall and now was that opportunity.
After purchasing some new photo albums I was finally able to put my Australia trip pictures into them.
Last holiday of the summer (Labour Day) was spent at a Church picnic in Steinbach. It was a good time of games & fellowship along with some singing, devotional & bbq. The weather even cooperated this time.
During the second week of September a special song (Hymn) came to my mind a lot. The hymn "TELL IT TO JESUS" was an encouragement to me and to keep my eyes focused on Him. I guess other personal matters were a burden on my heart & mind. One situation was the disapperance of my camera. I had retrieved the camera from the fire so was glad I didn't have to replace it, but now it was gone. We determined it was stolen. So here I had to shop around again and couldn't find one similar to what I had. To this day I still miss it and prefer it to the one I have now.
On a saturday off I took advantage of some shopping in Wpg again. I needed to replace my winter boots and wanted to make sure I had warm & good quality boots. This time we shopped at the Polo Park location and since Cabela's wasn't too far from there I decided to check for boots in their store. I did make a purchase in Cabela's at a good price. Dress shopping at Polo Park was difficult again, but did get some other clothes like tops and a skirt.
September 17th I received an envelope in the mail from the insurance company. The envelope was sealed with scotch tape and after opening it and reading the letter I thought someone had tampered with my mail. I read it again and checked the dates and was wondering if something wasn't right. I tried calling my adjudicator with no answer so I emailed instead. The adjudicator was fairly quick in getting back to me and explained the letter. The amount in the letter looked familar and so everything was legit. At first I was quite upset and just wish they had worded the letter differently. It meant reading it several times in order to understand it properly. In another phone conversation with the adjudicator he was reviewing some things on the worksheets. He reassured me that it was being handled properly and that I would get whats owing in due time. He also complimented me on how organized my worksheets had been and that I had been very cooperative.
When I checked my mail I had to check at 2 locations. The main post office was still keeping mail from the Stephen Street address and so I checked with them at least twice a week. They were going past the 3 month period to hold mail, which was very nice of them. I had changed as many addresses as I could think of, but there were some that I did miss.
I also replaced some cookbooks (Company's Coming went on sale) and storybooks that interested me.
So even with all the business of replacing things it was good to celebrate my son & grandson's birthday. Both are in September. The birthday party was at my place this time on Oct. 3rd a few days after grandson's birthday.
The month of October started with a gorgeous day and on my saturday off. So I took advantage of it to clean windows and to give the car a good cleaning. It was good to be at home on my saturday off to catch up on things instead of shopping.
A few days later I picked up a fair size meat package to put into my new freezer. Now I was set for awhile.
October continued on with nice temps and special events. October 9th was a Thanksgiving supper in Wpg with Melody & Ryan at Ryan's dad & step-mom's house. This was something they've done for several years now and always something to look forward to with good times. Since I was in Wpg already I took a little bit of time for some shopping before supper. Ruby wasn't able to join us this time due to her new job.
Oct 11th & 12th were spent on a road trip to Kenora for some time away from home for 1 day and night. It was almost a last minute decision to take a short road trip plus the weather was comfortable.
Oct. 17th Time for extended family gathering for Thanksgiving, which we had in Roland this time. My siblings families are continuing to grow and only 2 of my sisters have a place big enough for famly gatherings. So this time it was their turn to drive a distance for the gathering. We had a wonderful time together.
Oct. 18th Received insurance report in the mail. After reading it through I took it to the insurance agency for signing & verification plus they had to mail it back to head office.
Another thing I had to clean out was my locker at work. I had lost my keys for the locker in the fire, so it meant cutting it with a large bolt cutter. Glad I didn't have any food in it at the time, but I had lots of papers & stuff. Some things had been in the locker for a long time, so it was time for a good clean up job.
It was also time to get the car serviced and then it was ready for winter.
Another special birthday was Ruby's 18th birthday on Oct. 23rd. She celebrated her birthday with her siblings in Wpg.
I had a concert ticket in Winkler that evening. I had purchased a season pkg of the Southern Manitoba Concerts which consists of 4 concerts from October to March. Oct 23rd was the 1st concert of the season.
Oct 27th was my day off mid week and so we took a fun day of shopping for the Christmas Shoe Box. A good thing to do and to consider others instead of myself.
Oct 29th An evening with the grandchildren while Diedrich & Judy went out for supper for their anniversary. Quite the interesting evening with the grandchildren.
Other things that I was replacing as I saw it was musical CD's and DVD movies. These weren't on my high priority list, but just something I kept my eye on as I did other shopping.
Then of course in the middle of all this I get a letter from Revenue Canada stating I couldn't claim Ruby in my income tax return. WELL they had something coming cause I had every right to claim her. It seemed like the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing in regards to their procedure. (In due time that matter did get settled).
At this point life sure wasn't boring, but a good reminder for myself to keep my eyes focused on the Lord. The Lord would guide me through this as well.
By the end of October we saw good progress made at the previous apartment, new windows & doors were put in. So the building was getting closed proper for the up coming winter season.
Shortly after the fire we heard several reports as to how long it would take for them to redo the apartment. It was almost 6 months since the fire and it was obvious that no one would be moving in until spring or early summer. There were only a few people from the apartment that I knew and saw them in passing just a few times besides the 2 women from Church. The one thing I had to work on was my thoughts & attitude when I saw the person responsible for the fire. I prayed about it often that I wouldn't get angry or bitter towards him. Again it meant staying focused on the Lord and how I should act or react.
In closing this post a song comes to mind; "TURN YOUR EYES UPON JESUS"
CHORUS;
Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of his glory and grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment